Tube Settlers Media | Trity Environ- Invention at its Best
Tube Settlers Media is a type of water treatment technology that is used in wastewater treatment plants to remove impurities from water. It is a series of closely spaced parallel channels, which are designed to increase the settling velocity of suspended particles in water. The channels are made up of vertical tubes or plates that are inclined at an angle, allowing them to form a series of inclined settling surfaces. Tube settlers media is made of lightweight materials, such as PVC, polypropylene, or polycarbonate. The material used is typically corrosion-resistant, durable, and able to withstand high temperatures and pressure.
The tube settlers media which can be easily purchased through contacting Tube Settler Media suppliers in India and which is designed to provide a large surface area for the attachment of microorganisms that help in the biological treatment of wastewater. This surface area is created by the closely spaced parallel channels, which help to increase the contact time between the wastewater and the microorganisms. This, in turn, increases the efficiency of the treatment process and helps to reduce the time required for settling. Tube settlers media is used in a variety of wastewater treatment applications, including primary clarification, secondary clarification, and tertiary treatment. It is also used in industrial applications such as oil refineries, chemical plants, and paper mills.
Design and Working of a Tube Settlers Media
Tube settlers are a type of inclined plate settlers that are used to improve the settling efficiency of suspended solids in wastewater treatment plants. The tube settler media consists of closely spaced vertical tubes or plates that are arranged in a parallel fashion and inclined at an angle between 45 to 60 degrees. The working principle of tube settlers is based on the theory of laminar flow, which states that the settling rate of suspended particles in water is directly proportional to the surface area available for settling. The inclined plates or tubes in the tube settler media increase the effective settling area for suspended solids, and hence, improve the settling efficiency.
When wastewater enters the settling tank, it flows through the tube settler media, where the suspended particles settle on the surfaces of the inclined plates or tubes. As the settled particles accumulate, they form a sludge layer, which is periodically removed from the bottom of the tank. The clear water flows out of the settling tank through the effluent weir. The design of tube settlers depends on the settling characteristics of the wastewater, the flow rate, and the surface area available for settling. The spacing between the tubes or plates, the angle of inclination, and the height of the media are some of the design parameters that are optimized to achieve maximum settling efficiency.
Features of a Tube Settler
The following are some of the features of tube settler’s media which one can get through Tube Settler Media Manufacturers:
● High settling efficiency: Tube settlers media provides a high settling efficiency due to its unique design, which increases the effective settling area and enhances the laminar flow of wastewater through the media.
● Cost-effective: Tube settlers’ media is a cost-effective solution for improving the settling efficiency of wastewater treatment plants. It is less expensive to install and maintain compared to other settling systems such as sedimentation tanks.
● Compact design: Tube settlers’ media has a compact design, which allows it to be installed in a smaller footprint than traditional settling systems. This makes it suitable for plants with limited space for expansion.
● Easy to install and maintain: Tube settlers’ media is easy to install and maintain, requiring minimal manual intervention. The media is resistant to corrosion and can withstand harsh operating conditions.
● Versatility: Tube settlers media can be used in a variety of applications, including water treatment, wastewater treatment, and industrial processes.
● Energy efficient: Tube settlers media requires low energy input as it relies on gravity to settle the suspended particles. This results in lower operating costs compared to other settling systems.